Hoof Abcess

A combination of a significant amount of rain and rocky terrain helped my mare find her way into a situation where she managed to cut the bottom of her hoof. I saw that she was limping and cleaned out her hooves only to see a cut and some blood. I cleaned her hoof up the best that I could, and put some Neosporin on the wound, I then cut up a diaper and duct taped it to her hoof. She is currently on stall rest, but when she got antsy, I put a large hoof boot over the concoction and let her roam the field with her herd for a little bit. I will provide updates, but the dressing held up overnight in the stall, so hopefully this will work out.

UPDATE: After much healing and limping, and everything else. I determined that this was most likely an abscess that finally came out after about 2 months after a stone bruise.


No comments:

Post a Comment